We’re looking for an experienced localization ops strategist with client-facing confidence, a willingness to learn and a natural focus on delivering an excellent customer experience.
As a Program Manager in our London Client Services team, you’ll work on a varied range of allocated accounts spanning our full range of marketing localization services, including: print and interactive media, audiovisual, digital marketing and creative and brand. If you’re a super organized, collaborative problem-solver with a passion for marketing and localization, we’d love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defending our service value and ensuring a continued focus on excellent customer experience for your account set.
- Identifying the best processes for the client and internal efficiency, crafting innovative resource models to meet your clients’ needs.
- Building solid and lasting relationships with your clients, creating and executing customer care initiatives.
- Ensuring all SOWs, project-based assumptions, briefs and process documentation are clearly defined.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and customise the services we deliver.
- Providing collaborative support to Project Management resources, empowering them to deliver projects to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on account performance and client satisfaction to your Customer Success counterpart, fostering a forum for continual improvement and innovation.
- Coordinating client reporting and budget planning.
- Managing strategic and complex projects on your accounts and providing overflow Project Management support to the wider team.
- Supporting our Customer Success team in their activities by connecting the commercial relationship with the operational model.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
|YOU’LL HAVE…||YOU ARE….|
|A passion for, and knowledge of, marketing and localization with 3+ years in a Project, Program or Account Management role, plus a BA qualification or equivalent experience.||A creative and strategic team player who’s driven, proactive and self-confident, while remaining flexible and open to change.|
|Hands-on commercial experience including quoting, forecasting and budgeting, with an armoury of tech skills to support workflow, budgeting, presenting and editing.||A super-planner with demonstrable organization and prioritization skills, plus sharp attention to detail.|
|A track record of planning and managing complex marketing or localization projects, ideally with multilingual audio production experience.||Naturally curious: adept at anticipating customer needs and implementing solutions.|
|In-depth knowledge of the concepts and features of industry applications: CMS, GMS, Translation Memory, Terminology Management, Machine Translation, InDesign and tagged file formats.||A great communicator and motivator, inspiring account teams to go the extra mile.|
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this role is £30K – £36K per annum, depending on experience. We operate a hybrid working model, so this role can be based remotely, with time in our central London office as needed for training, team, company and client meets. Or you can choose to work more regularly from our office.
We offer some great company benefits, including life assurance, pension, season ticket loan, wellbeing grant, home working allowance and remote working setup grant. If you’re an avid cyclist, we provide a cycle to work scheme and our central London office has bike storage, lockers and showers.
In an environment of continuous learning and development, we motivate all Wordbankers to gain autonomy, mastery and purpose in their roles. Learning and knowledge-sharing is in our DNA, and as well as offering integrated learning time off, we organize regular activities through our working culture groups across sustainability, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing and happiness. Our volunteering team and policies support paid time off for in and out of hours volunteering activities.
Visa sponsorship is available.
We want everyone in the Wordbank family to feel respected and valued. Which is why we’re proud to be an Investors In People Gold company − proof we practise what we preach.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
WHO ARE WE?
We’re Wordbank, a global marketing and localization agency with offices in London and Denver. For thirty years we’ve helped brands like Netflix, adidas and Maserati discover, define and deliver their stories with local language content their customers love and share. And we do this by connecting the right words to the right people, in the right language, on the right channels.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our London-based teams are made up of multilingual Programme and Project Managers, Quality Control experts and agency-experienced digital experts. Our Creative and Brand team includes a mix of in-house and freelance designers, creatives and content writers. And our on-the-ground network of culture and language professionals deliver sector expertise, market knowledge and channel specialism.