We support a healthy lifestyle and want people to take advantage of programs and activities of interest that are aimed at realizing their optimal health. We recognize that healthy and happy people can help reduce stress and illnesses, as well as increase productivity. That’s why we aim to provide a healthy working environment and flexibility to enable staff to optimize their health in the areas of fitness, mental health, nutrition, work/life balance, maternity leave & return to work, and engagement.
Our goal is to promote the integration of fitness while at work by
- encouraging fitness activity during the day, such as making use of the free building gym during work hours, as well as integrating fitness information and optional activities into the company culture
- encouraging alternative methods for transportation to work, such as walking, biking, or running
- training on proper ergonomics while working and rolling-out standing desks
We promote mental health and improved happiness by
- empowering our staff-based Happiness Team to arrange social events and volunteer opportunities
- encouraging the use of resources, such as Headspace and Gratitude Journal 365, for meditation, gratitude, and happiness
- providing a professional Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- encouraging people to be open about and seek help for mental health problems
We promote healthy eating habits while at work by
- sharing valuable nutrition information and education regularly
- encouraging healthy snacks and foods in meetings and company events
- providing natural, filtered drinking water and organic, GMO-free, chemical-free kitchen supplies
We promote work/life balance while at work by
- encouraging people to work regular office hours as often as possible and to take regular breaks, vacation days, and time-off in lieu
- providing a flexible working environment, allowing people to manage their own time during the day, and balancing work & life commitments as they see fit
- encouraging ways for our people to connect and engage with each other outside of the normal working day, such as happy hours, retreats, team lunches, and other team-building activities
Maternity Leave & Return to Work Program
We’re also committed to supporting our working mothers and fathers to ensure they can take time to be with their growing families and also return to work in a manner that helps them be successful. We offer generous return-to-work options that allow our staff members to ease back into work life.
Based on our 2017 engagement survey, here’s how our people responded:
- Internal staff responded with an overall 80% engagement level.
- 87% of our freelancers rated their experience with us as “excellent” or “good.”
For 2018, our goal is to increase engagement levels to 90% across the board.
We also want to continue building positive, lasting relationships with our resources. Currently, 62% of our network has worked with us for over 5 years, and 22% of our network has worked with us more than 10 years.
We’ve received positive feedback as an employer and industry partner and continue to build on this via our people-focused business practices.