Denver, CO / Remote
The CAT Tool Specialist is a technology Jack of all trades when it comes to translation memory and glossary tools such as MemoQ and SDL Studio. With a can-do attitude, a love of problem-solving, and great communication skills, this is the go-to person for solving TM issues at the project level and defining best practices for the application of CAT tools at the account level to help maximize quality and streamline content localization process.
Does this sound like you? We want to meet you!
The CAT Tool Specialist role is responsible for communicating and coordinating with, guiding, and aligning the across many different teams implementing CAT tools best practices and solutions at the project and account level, as the case may be. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify CAT tool strategy in fulfilling client opportunities and internal process engineering/optimization opportunities.
- Interface and consult with clients, project managers, and customer success managers to analyze customer requirements in the application of CAT tools.
- Design and develop training courses for in-house personnel and, where appropriate, freelance resources in CAT tool usage.
- Solve technology-related issues that may arise during project delivery related to CAT tool application.
- Analyze pros and cons in the application of CAT technology to new projects.
- Identify opportunities for improved quality and efficiency in the application of CAT tools e.g. terminology extraction, TM maintenance, and alignment processes
- Working with Client Services and Customer Success to create and develop CAT tool strategy at the account level for marketing and creative content types.
- Work with Client Services to establish the most efficient workflow and the best use of available software and resources on a project level.
- Support Quality Analysts and Solutions Architects with process engineering/optimization related to the application of CAT tools.
With our remote-first hybrid office model, you will have the option of working in the Denver office or remotely.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
|YOU’LL HAVE….||YOU ARE….|
|3+ years experience in localization with knowledge of computational linguistics a plus.||A self-confident, highly collaborative team player with a deep understanding of localization best practices specific to localization process and systems.|
|Mastery in industry-standard CAT tools such as memoQ, SDL Studio, XTM, etc.||A problem-solver. Working with others to overcome bottlenecks in process and identify broadscale standards to support scalable delivery comes naturally to you.|
|Knowledge and experience of CAT tool application across multiple formats, including custom file types and the use of regular expressions.||A problem-lover, thriving on working through root causes, a track record of critical thinking, and implementing solutions with an ability to balance creativity and pragmatism.|
|Eager to learn, a team player and also able to work accurately, independently and autonomously with a strong customer service attitude.||Excellent communicator, organized and able to sift through changing priorities, skilled in helping others to succeed by establishing best practices, providing technical support, and helping to engineer process.|
SALARY & BENEFITS
$60,000-65,000 base + benefits (inc. bonus scheme after 12 months).
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply here. You will be asked to complete the Culture Index survey as part of your initial application. Applications received through our contact form will not be considered. While we’ll certainly do our best, we regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
WHO IS WORDBANK?
We are the marketing localization people. We help brands and their agencies successfully execute strategic marketing and communications programs in over 140 languages across 95+ countries. With our unique blend of traditional and creative language services and global digital marketing capabilities, we connect clients’ words to the right people, in the right language, on the right channels.
Our Denver team is growing, and we’re looking for passionate people to grow the business (and themselves) with us. We’re a certified B Corp who puts people first. We care more about how you think than what you know. We work hard. We work smart. And we have a lot of fun while doing it.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, past or recent military status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, or any other characteristic, including any physical (including pregnancy) or mental disability, and/or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.