Customer Success Manager – Existing Business
Ensure client satisfaction in support of Customer Success team goals, acting as the main point of contact for designated account needs, carrying out account planning (e.g. opportunities to grow revenue) and reporting, management of account budgets and ensuring processes and systems are optimized for overall account health and growth.
Working with the Director of Customer Success, you will define and own annual performance goals for designated accounts. Account-level KPIs will span strategy, financial, operational, and customer satisfaction + retention goals.
Finding opportunities to reinforce Wordbank’s value proposition and capabilities, while driving customer satisfaction and success, and delivering an unrivaled customer experience is a core tenant of the job and function within the broader CSM team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & FOCAL POINTS
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Account strategy, commercial contracts and business development lead on allocated account set
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s reality, their goals and needs (both at the company + contact level)
- Create growth plans, and establish annual goals and KPIs at the account-level. Proactively identify opportunities, strengths, risks, and threats for the account. Monitor progress against goals via defined milestones and activities, such as structured outreach, CSAT Surveys, regular account reviews (financials, services, operational standards, etc.)
- Drive account development and consultative sales with existing accounts (cross-selling, upselling and farming; initiating dialogue, making recommendations and presenting service options and solutions)
- Work closely with Program Managers to ensure day-to-day account needs are being met across the program
- Identify potential points of failure in client satisfaction and overall account health, based on established CSAT and account health indicators / metrics. Develop account-specific solutions to mitigate those risks, in line with our Proven Process. Proactively propose those solutions to the account team and client for transparency and to foster partnership both internally and externally.
- Oversee pricing, project assessment and quoting for an allocated account set, delegating day-to-day quoting to the relevant PGM, SPM, or PM as appropriate.
- Brief account team members involved in project execution on the exact requirements; ensure roles and responsibilities are aligned with client expectations.
- Plan and lead or participate in (for CSM tag team accounts) formal account reviews (QBRs) as appropriate and proactively identify opportunities, strengths, risks, and threats for the allocated account-set.
- Manage all documentation, legal and otherwise, related to the client’s agreed process and service level, including SLAs and SOWs.
- Ensure personal familiarity with all legal and contractual documents related to the account that define the service level and client expectations.
- Follow up with clients post-delivery to ensure client satisfaction and expectations are aligned. Collaborate with account team members to drive operational and strategic optimizations on the account, and to manage the resolution of any client satisfaction issues, acting as an escalation point.
- Work with Client Services and account teams to ensure that the best processes for the client as well as internal efficiency are identified. Think strategically about and suggest ways to optimize processes, results and ultimately add value to the client relationship.
- In alignment with our Proven Process, establish and align client’s expectations, needs and goals (at the account and project level) to ensure our proposed approach (services / processes / strategy) is in alignment with these goals. Onboard in-house account team members to these needs, goals and first project / engagement scope, through a formal handoff and kickoff meeting. Work with the account team to also onboard in-country resources who will be dedicated to the account and supporting the engagement in question.
- Contribute to documentation and training needs. Support and contribute to account and production problem-solving discussions.
- Mentor PGMs on any client-specific knowledge and skills needed.
- Demonstrate the standard of exceptional internal and external customer service via observable behaviors that are in line with Wordbank’s core values.
- Facilitate Wordbank’s commitment to customer experience via a transparent and collaborative team approach, engaging with operational teams in the development of services, process, productivity, and solutions for improved account and program execution.
- Develop a practical understanding of Wordbank’s positioning, pricing, customer success standards, USPs, Proven Process, and our Guarantee.
- Proactively maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, business goals and marketing objectives of designated account-set, as well as developing personal commercial knowledge and technique. Pursue educational opportunities to support personal growth and development; reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks and participating in partnerships that support personal and company development.
- Identify commercial risks and opportunities for growth on allocated account set.
- Keep weekly forecasting numbers updated and ensure the sales system is complete, with all quotes applied.
- Support the PGMs in identifying what project costs can be invoiced at the close of each billing cycle, as needed.
- Stay abreast of the current financial situation at the account and company level in order to have a strategic understanding of invoicing needs.
- Monitor margin reports and identify potential financial health trends and issues at the account level. Work with PGMs, PMs, and RNM as appropriate to identify and address COS issues. Identify potential opportunities for process engineering or pricing adjustments to help resolve cost management issues at the account level.
- Ensure a Purchase Order is on file for all applicable projects / designated accounts.
- Ensure the Accounts department is kept informed about any client or project changes that affect invoice address
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
|YOU’LL HAVE…||YOU ARE…|
|Minimum qualification: BA or equivalent degree.||ACHIEVER
You plan your work in a way that allows you to complete both small tasks and large projects in a timely manner.
|4+ years of project management, account management and/or customer service experience||BELIEF IN THE POWER OF TEAM
Respectful of the perspective of others, you’re easy to work with, approachable and collaborative.
|Proven ability to coordinate, liaise and collaborate with a number of clients, internal stakeholders, and freelancers.||DETAIL FOCUSED
Able to assimilate detail on project specifics and transform requirements into results.
|Proven track record of delivering high quality customer service and client care.||PROBLEM SOLVER
You can listen to complex challenges and logically work through root causes, implement solutions and offer options to address.
|Excellent presentation (Google Slides and/or PowerPoint) and business analysis skills.||CONSISTENCY
You follow processes diligently and suggest changes to these processes where there is room for improvement.
|Sound experience using Google Suite, MS Office and workflow management tools.||EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR
You’re a flawless communicator in person and writing.
|DESIRABLE: Project management and/or account management experience in a business to business agency environment (in the marketing or creative services field), and/or experience in the localization industry (in language service delivery on either the client or LSP side).||DOCUMENTOR
Recording information relating to day to day tasks and projects comes naturally to you.
|DESIRABLE: Commercial experience including forecasting / financial planning, quoting and proposal management.||PROACTIVITY
You search for solutions that resolve problems permanently rather than applying spot fixes.
|DESIRABLE: Experience or fluency in other languages.|
|DESIRABLE: Knowledge, background, or interest in digital marketing.|
SALARY & BENEFITS
$75,000- 80,000 annual base salary + benefits (quarterly bonuses after 12 months, health insurance, 401k, life, 18 days PTO etc)
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply here. Applications received through our contact form will not be considered. While we’ll certainly do our best, we regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
WHO IS WORDBANK?
We are the marketing localization people. We help brands and their agencies successfully execute strategic marketing and communications programs in over 200 languages across 118 countries. With our unique blend of traditional and creative language services and global digital marketing capabilities, we connect clients’ words to the right people, in the right language, on the right channels.
Our Denver team is growing, and we’re looking for passionate people to grow the business (and themselves) with us. We’re a certified B Corp who puts people first. We care more about how you think than what you know. We work hard. We work smart. And we have a lot of fun while doing it.