Who is Wordbank?
Wordbank is a marketing translation and localization agency, specializing in global marketing communications since 1988, helping brands to identify and connect with their international target audiences. We are experts in the cultural adaptation and transcreation of advertising, creative media and marketing material over 300 languages, delivering best-fit content and creative adaptations for local markets. We are a medium-sized private company with sales, production and media operations in Denver and London, and an impressive client list of well-known B2C and B2B brands and international creative and design agencies.
Our Denver team is growing and we’re looking for passionate people to grow the business (and themselves) with us. We care more about how you think than what you know. We work hard. We work smart. And we have a lot of fun while doing it.
The Project Coordinator is an entry level role that supports our Project Managers with the execution and administration of all projects. Project Coordinators will handle all aspects of project support ensuring resources, processes, expectations and quality are proactively managed throughout, from beginning of the project through to delivery. The role also includes monitoring and improving the quality of work produced by freelance teams, performing detailed checks on files, and assisting Project Managers with administrative tasks as needed.
This is a perfect fit for someone looking to start a career in localization, with 0-3 years of work experience and who wants to learn the ropes alongside a friendly and dedicated team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Have strong planning and organizational skills
- Be knowledgeable about languages or have a deep interest in working with them
- Be technically-savvy and comfortable with figuring out complex softwares and solutions
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and G-suite. Knowledge of Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator) or CAT tools is a bonus, but not required
- Manage time with focus and self-mastery while able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Effectively communicate with internal teams, in-country freelance linguists, and clients in an open and constructive way
- Be willing to help out cross-functional teams with ad hoc tasks that come up
- Thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven, and high-pressure environment subject to constant interruptions
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and be highly responsive
- Strong customer service skills and always looking to “wow” co-workers and clients
- Flexible and open to change and excited to come up with solutions to problems
- Independent and self-directed, but excited to contribute to the team and help out others as needed
- Reliable and committed to doing whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Driven to improve and grow and to own your development path
- Resilient and able to quickly bounce back from mistakes and failures
- Patient and willing to work hard in order to progress
- Have some knowledge and/or direct experience with graphic design. This is a bonus, but not required