Reporting to AD, Solutions Development, the Quality Manager is a full-time, remote role focused on ensuring that quality in our process, system, & service standards are well defined, communicated, and implemented across the company. This role will own our full quality management system (QMS) and identify and resolve quality issues related to process, systems, organization, information management, etc. This includes ensuring production teams are properly trained in quality and delivery process standards to meet internal and external QMS strategy, owning the quality sampling program, and managing our ISO certification.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding and experience of quality management in the localization industry. They’ll have sound knowledge of various quality systems & methodologies (ISO, MQM, etc), industry workflow management, and resourcing models. Excellent communication, relationship building, and a passion for driving improvements are essential.
Quality Management System
- Oversee Wordbank’s quality sampling program and analyze/report on the outcome of these results on a regular basis.
- Expand translation quality frameworks to go beyond language quality and include visual experience/engagement measurement that’s relevant to our niche.
- Ensure that we have proactive quality measurement happening on all of our key accounts, aligned to the Localization Maturity Model.
- Own the Process piece of our EOS, documenting and communicating all business processes and standards, making sure that our tools are organized and centralized.
- Ensure ISO 9001:2015 standards are met internally and manage the total ISO QMS certification program, from internal audits, managing all documentation, records, and reporting, and coordinating external audits.
- Manage any quality issues/escalations, ensuring root cause analysis is completed and actions are taken to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Conduct continuous client-specific or general creativity & quality audits on a consistent cadence (biannual quality audits and or/client-specific audits tied to CSAT survey cadence), report on findings, and implement action plans.
- Work closely with the resource network team to ensure maintenance of high quality new freelance resources, to support the planned growth in the company’s business, including strategies for further recruitment and assessment of candidate tests as necessary.
- Provide regular performance and progress reports to the leadership team, regarding quality issues, production support and linguistic resources.
- Work with solutions team members to liaise with and clearly define service standards (SLAs) for each function, ensuring training, communication, and feedback cycles are in place within and across teams.
- Monitor and manage the implementation of QMS-approved service standards and production processes by using data to ensure that they are being applied in a consistent and coherent manner, work with production teams to identify opportunities for process improvements to drive improved quality.
- Work with solutions team members to ensure standardized training, and localization system and process skill development for production resources; assist with guidelines, training and expectation-setting, as the need arises.
- Work with team members as the need arises to take corrective action to resolve process inefficiencies and other issues that may be negatively impacting quality metrics.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A thorough understanding and experience of quality management in the localization industry (3-5 years).
- Sound understanding of the application of CAT tools (SDL Trados Studio, MemoQ, XTM, etc), translation memories, industry workflow management tools and the role these tools play in quality management
- Experience in analyzing quality data, identifying issues, and putting into place process solutions.
- Proven ability to coordinate, liaise and collaborate with a number of internal stakeholders.
- A proponent of the importance of a modern QMS in localization delivery with a clear understanding of end-to-end localization delivery and the systems and tools involved in that. You keep yourself- up-to-date and well-informed about industry trends related to quality assurance.
- A self-confident, curious, bigger picture thinker able to work through root causes, in critical thinking and implementing solutions.
- A data and process person, disciplined and organized in evolving quality assurance best practices; able to sift through changing priorities.
- A great communicator and relationship-builder, able to put yourself in the shoes of clients and internal teams and adapt your communication to maximize trust and engagement.
SALARY & BENEFITS
$60-65K + quarterly bonuses and benefits. Full-time benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, life, 18 days PTO, Volunteering Time Off, Learning Time Off, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply here. You will be asked to complete the Culture Index survey as part of your initial application. Applications received through our contact form will not be considered. While we’ll certainly do our best, we regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
As certified-B Corp, we offer a great company culture and collaborative working environment built around our people. With a focus on continuous learning and development, we encourage all Wordbankers towards a sense of purpose, mastery, and autonomy in their roles. We’re proud of our track record for employee engagement and retention and believe this directly impacts our ability to provide an unrivaled customer experience in our field.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, past or recent military status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry or any other characteristic, including any physical (including pregnancy) or mental disability, and/or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.