Denver, CO / Remote
The Solutions Architect is a technology Jack of all trades with deep experience in localization delivery encompassing all sorts of file formats, integrations (connectors and APIs), and localization tools (such as CAT, website proxy solutions, and macros/scripts). With a can-do attitude, a love of problem-solving, and great communication skills, this is the go-to person for solving complex project challenges via process engineering and best practice for the application of tools, as well as identifying opportunities for automation.
Does this sound like you? We want to meet you!
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with, guiding, and aligning the following people in implementing quality and productivity strategies at the client and operational level, as the case may be.. Key responsibilities include:
- Interface and consult with clients, project managers, and customer success managers to analyze customer requirements.
- Identify solutions to address client opportunities and internal process engineering/optimization opportunities.
- Analyze project/RFP scope and suggest creative approaches to solutions.
- Consult on financial models to substantiate the proposed solutions.
- Support technical facets of localization projects of varying levels of complexity (e.g. websites, e-learning, desktop publishing) to deliver quality and productivity gains in driving process and technology (tool) decision-making.
- Increase operational efficiencies and improve overall quality and ease of execution across production teams, specifically client services and media, while seeking to reduce risk and production costs for the client.
- Contribute to building competencies within technical services. The Solutions Architect will provide support to both internal and external members of the team and provide the necessary guidance and training for continued production success.
- Support media engineers in engineering processes for complex file prep and CAT tool strategies; identifying opportunities for automation and optimization.
- Liaise with, and project manager, internal and third-party developers, as appropriate, on the delivery of software solutions to support Wordbank’s technical strategy and/or process optimization needs.
With our remote-first hybrid office model, you will have the option of working in the Denver office or remotely.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
|YOU’LL HAVE….||YOU ARE….|
|5+ years experience in localization.||A self-confident, highly collaborative team player with a deep understanding of localization best practices specific to localization process and systems.|
|Mastery in industry-standard CAT tools such as memoQ, SDL Studio, XTM, etc||A problem-solver. Working with others to overcome bottlenecks in process and identify broadscale standards to support scalable delivery comes naturally to you|
|Knowledge and experience of interactive and print media formats and an understanding of CMS-based localization process, as well as the application of APIs/plugins to facilitate website localization.||A problem-lover, thriving on working through root causes, assisting others in critical thinking, and implementing solutions.|
|Ability to connect internal resources in media, project management, QA, R&D, etc. with broader scale business goals defined by Customer Success Managers and clients||Excellent communicator, organized and able to sift through changing priorities, skilled in keeping others engaged and on-target.|
SALARY & BENEFITS
$70,000 base + benefits (inc. bonus scheme after 12 months).
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply here. You will be asked to complete the Culture Index survey as part of your initial application. Applications received through our contact form will not be considered. While we’ll certainly do our best, we regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
WHO IS WORDBANK?
We are the marketing localization people. We help brands and their agencies successfully execute strategic marketing and communications programs in over 140 languages across 95+ countries. With our unique blend of traditional and creative language services and global digital marketing capabilities, we connect clients’ words to the right people, in the right language, on the right channels.
Our Denver team is growing, and we’re looking for passionate people to grow the business (and themselves) with us. We’re a certified B Corp who puts people first. We care more about how you think than what you know. We work hard. We work smart. And we have a lot of fun while doing it.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, past or recent military status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, or any other characteristic, including any physical (including pregnancy) or mental disability, and/or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.