We’re looking for a Localization Engineer to join our growing Print and Interactive Media team in London. Are you passionate about translation technology and language? With 2-3 years’ experience in localization engineering, including CAT software? Are you an analytical stickler for detail and super-organized to boot? If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with Client Services and Customer Success to establish the most efficient workflow and the best use of available software and resources at a project level.
- Assess projects, providing an estimate of media-specific costs and timings.
- Support preparation and re-engineering of video files for localization, including subtitles.
- Carry out file engineering tasks using and creating macros to automate processes where possible and editing multiple file formats such as XML, XLIFF and JSON.
- Execute file engineering and QA processes for a wide range of projects, including web, rich media ads (GIFs, HTML5 etc), social media graphics and banners and subtitling.
- Ensure on-time delivery, by monitoring incoming workload and planning ahead.
- Collaborate with our Digital team on activities for website optimization, leveraging technical skills to make changes to client websites and implement optimization recommendations.
- Research and test different CMS platforms to design engineering processes to efficiently extract and reimport content for localization.
- Support process consistency and efficiency at Wordbank, by providing documentation and training on Media processes and software, training Media freelancers, team mates and other colleagues as required, answering enquiries on ongoing projects.
- Research and stay up to date with software, trends and developments in media production and competitor offerings to ensure that Wordbank is able to continue offering clients the most effective service possible.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years’ experience of localization engineering, including CAT software use.
- Proven experience with web technologies such as HTML/CSS/JS, plus CMS knowledge.
- Some experience with automating processes with macros and query languages such as Regular Expressions and XPATH.
- Sound knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with digital ad platforms (particularly Google Marketing Platform/Studio).
- Strong problem-solving ability and high motivation to find solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey technical information to non-technical colleagues or clients.
- An eye for detail and an analytic mindset are key.
- Our Media services are wide-ranging and developing constantly so an enthusiasm for learning on the job is essential.
- A keen interest in localization is essential, and fluency in a second language is ideal.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this role is £29-32K per annum, depending on experience. We operate a hybrid working model, so this role can be based remotely, with time in our central London office as needed for training, team and company meets. Or you can choose to work more regularly from our office.
We offer some great company benefits, including pension, season ticket loan, wellbeing grant and remote working setup funding with yearly allowance. If you’re an avid cyclist, we provide a cycle to work scheme and our central London office has bike storage, lockers and showers.
In an environment of continuous learning and development, we motivate all Wordbankers to gain autonomy, mastery and purpose in their roles. Learning and knowledge-sharing is in our DNA, and as well as offering integrated learning time off, we organise regular activities through our working culture groups across sustainability, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing and happiness. Our volunteering team and policies support paid time off for in and out of hours volunteering activities. People are at the heart of everything we do. We want everyone in the Wordbank family to feel respected and valued and we’re proud to be an Investors In People Gold company − proof we practise what we preach.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The role is available immediately.
WHO ARE WE?
We’re Wordbank, a global marketing localization agency with offices in London and Denver. For thirty years we’ve helped brands like Netflix, adidas and Maserati discover, define and deliver their stories with local language content their customers love and share. And we do this by connecting the right words to the right people, in the right language, on the right channels.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our London-based teams are made up of multilingual Programme and Project Managers, Quality Control experts and agency-experienced digital experts. Our Creative and Brand team – which you’d be part of – includes a mix of in-house and freelance designers, creatives and content writers. And our on-the-ground network of culture and language professionals deliver sector expertise, market knowledge and channel specialism.