We’re looking for a Localization Quality Assurance and Terminology Specialist to join our busy Content team. You’ll be supporting the provision of localization services to Wordbank’s clients by delivering efficient and up-to-date terminology and quality assurance processes with various CAT and Quality Assurance tools. You’ll also be helping to co-ordinate the workflow and freelance bookings on this busy team. If you have a keen eye for detail, a passion for languages and an interest in marketing localization, we’d love to hear from you.
- Review Wordbank-localized content to ensure client instructions have been followed, approved terminology has been adhered to across all languages, details such as product names, measurements etc. are correct and correctly captured in translations and translations are complete with no missing text, links etc.
- Carry out layout checks to ensure that the localized end product matches the format and functionality of the original.
- Establish the most efficient workflow and the best use of available software and resources on a project level.
- Provide pre-sales cost/time estimates for new project quotes to maximize revenue generation.
- Ensure on-time delivery, by co-ordinating the team’s workload and freelancer bookings in agreed weeks.
- Liaise with linguists to rectify errors in translated documents.
- Build and maintain terminology management databases to support client strategy and localization.
- Research software, trends and developments in terminology management and translation technology and experience are shared.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sound knowledge of industry-standard CAT tools, e.g. memoQ and SDL Studio.
- A good understanding of linguistics and an awareness of localization issues.
- Detailed and extensive experience in dealing with the written word in several languages.
- Demonstrable ability to proofread in native language.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality projects or services.
- Knowledge of at least one language in addition to English. This knowledge should be to the same level as that which would have been achieved through obtaining a Master’s degree.
- Some knowledge of digital marketing preferred, including paid search and SEO.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this role is £24-27K per annum, depending on experience. We operate a hybrid working model, so this role can be based remotely, with time in our central London office as needed for training, team and company meets. Or you can choose to work more regularly from our office.
We offer some great company benefits, including pension, season ticket loan, wellbeing grant and remote working setup funding with yearly allowance. If you’re an avid cyclist, we provide a cycle to work scheme and our central London office has bike storage, lockers and showers.
In an environment of continuous learning and development, we motivate all Wordbankers to gain autonomy, mastery and purpose in their roles. Learning and knowledge-sharing is in our DNA, and as well as offering integrated learning time off, we organise regular activities through our working culture groups across sustainability, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing and happiness. Our volunteering team and policies support paid time off for in and out of hours volunteering activities. People are at the heart of everything we do. We want everyone in the Wordbank family to feel respected and valued and we’re proud to be an Investors In People Gold company − proof we practise what we preach.
Visa sponsorship is available.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The role is available immediately.
WHO ARE WE?
We’re Wordbank, a global marketing localization agency with offices in London and Denver. For thirty years we’ve helped brands like Netflix, adidas and Maserati discover, define and deliver their stories with local language content their customers love and share. And we do this by connecting the right words to the right people, in the right language, on the right channels.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our London-based teams are made up of multilingual Programme and Project Managers, Quality Control experts and agency-experienced digital experts. Our Creative and Brand team – which you’d be part of – includes a mix of in-house and freelance designers, creatives and content writers. And our on-the-ground network of culture and language professionals deliver sector expertise, market knowledge and channel specialism.